What does HMRC want to see from a business requesting a Time to Pay Arrangement (TTP)?
R3’s tax working group have been updated by HMRC regarding their current position and proposals in relation to TTP. Please see a summary below.
-A TTP proposal should be made in writing as this allows those submitting the opportunity to provide as much detail and supporting statements as possible.
-The standard information that should be included:
- Description of business.
- Annual total liability to tax.
- Details of the nature and amount of tax to be deferred.
- A short-term cashflow forecast.
- The reasons why the request is being made (specifically the direct link to COVID-19 if coronavirus related).
-HMRC would also want to see, in support a TTP proposal:
- Details of the measures the company has implemented to allow it to pay the debt as quickly as possible.
- An explanation of the parts others have played in ensuring the company present the best proposal possible.
- An explanation of the other funding options explored before seeking TTP (e.g. banks, other lenders, shareholders, directors etc).
- Any information to support why HMRC should provide support and take an element of risk when others are not willing to invest or inject capital into the company.